Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worse feeling ever - jobel
Has anyone has this feeling of applying to a hospital where you know someone (Human resources department), not hearing from that program since the beginning of the eras season and when calling to find out about the status of the application they tell me that they will nit consider mine without given any reason why? They don't send out ack or rej emails...........they just silently reject you!
This is the worse feeling ever
no, that's not a worse feeling. Here is the worst scenario.
An associate PD wrote me a LOR and I got rejection from the same program. Can you imagine this?
ok I admit yours is worse than mine @swanneck
@swanneck---yea that's pretty raw...it's just an interview opportunity, not like you're asking for a free position.
@swanneck:- contact your LOR writer, might be able to get you on a waiting list.
A person working in Human Resources may not necessarily have any clout in program affairs. I know faculty members in programs that have said they have absolutely no influence over who gets an interview. It just varies from program to program. But I feel your pain though.

Still no IVs here but my God is not dead; he is surely alive!
Ya, thinking of that. They have already rejected me and I won't have anythig to loose. Best scenario-I could get interview, worst scenario- nothing as I have already been rejected.
@ swanneck i can understand how it feels coz that's exactly what happened to me. He said he won't be able to help me as they were pushing for AMG this year :-(
@ranjit948
your letter writer was PD/associate PD?
I too got a rejection from a program whose associate PD wrote me a letter. They did not give me a reason either. Tried contacting the associate PD but nothing happened.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »