Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need your advice - bugguy19
my exam after 40 days and already extend my eligibility 2 times Sad

NBME 11 on September 18 (280/181)

NBME 12 on October 18 (260/177)

NBME 7 to be done on November 22 ( about 1 week before the exam)

already done with :

kaplan notes + DVD
off line uw
FA 1st reading

working on :

UW online
FA 2nd reading + memorization
my own note

my question

is one moth of vigorous study of FA + UW is enough to rise my NBME score?????????
(my exam score target is 240)

any response is highly appreciated
same question frm my side... pls help ppl
40 days is a lot if you manage it well (no disrespect)
Go to your previously done NBMEs. Find out which topics have low bars. work on them. By work, I mean the questions in UW and other question banks pertaining to those topics. Knowing answers is not a big deal but work on the explanations. Why was that the answer and why others didnot fit. Remember all other explanations list can be a probable question as well. FA is like god. It should be reviewed again and again; mostly focusing on your weaker topics. That doesn't mean you simply put aside the good topics you know. It can backfire as well. Make a timely schedule which topics should you focus more and which needs attention later but all topics should be reviewed thoroughly. 181 to 177 is not a good sign (sorry to say) but work on these topics and have faith. do not lose that one.
GL to both of you Smile
thank you sweety Smile

i wanna add that iam also done with 1st reading of pathoma and now dowing both goljan and pathoma.

i have total 72 wrong QS in nbme 11 and again 72 wrong QS in nbme 12 and i scored lower

its obviously they use extra measures to calculate our nbme score Sad

@buggy how many times eligibility can be extended?
only one time Sad

then u need to reapply again and pay cancellation fee+ exam fee ( all over again)

if i didn't rise my nbme score , i have to cancel then sell my car to be able to pay my exam fee ,
i hope it go well with all this exams other wise i need to sell my kidney and all my functioning internal organs Smile
bugguy dnt wry.. work hard,im wid u. dnt get overwhelmed wid resource. last days stick 2 less resourses Smile
GL

thanq sweety
thank you sarahmle Smile
hey bugguy, im sort of in the same situation as you. I had poor scores on nbme 12 --> 196. At that time I did 60% UW, FA around 2 times.

I realized by basics are a bit weak, mostly for simple things like anatomy, genetics, etc. So i decided to re read FA along side my Kaplan notes. Im not doing goljan though, only pathoma. Second time UW im learning A LOT more than i did when i did it only once.

Will take another NBME early November. Hopefully score will go up!
Good luck friend!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »