Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Good is My Score. Just got the result - satheeshkumarmv
I am IMG with >6 years from graduation. I got 239 for step 1, how good of a score is that if i am targeting for Psychiatry, especially if I apply right after CS without any US clinical experience?
someone please reply
congrats on good score hi can u send me u skype id so need some advice
hello, you got exactly the same score as me, and I got 230 in ck, old graduate as well, are you planning to apply this year?
239 more than 6 years after graduation is quite good
What was ur NBME scores?
Congrats Smile Your score is good. You might get better advice in the matching forum. Smile All the best!!
no problem with Psychiatry, all what you need is the show COMMITMENT. they love this word in Psychiatry residency.
my friend is 12 yog, low scores, no connection, matched in psychiatry because he did his residency in Psychiatry back home and had a letter of recomm. from psychiatrist
your experience is unique, do you mind telling your experience so we can learn from it. i am and old >6 year from grad..
I really appreciate it
well done!.,congrats on your score.. kindly share your experience Smile
Thank you for your replies. I am so happy to know its a good score. About experience, I had some commitments so I could not prepare for any exam after graduation. I had to work, in fact in a desert in a the middle east ( I am from Kerala, India)

All I did was first aid and uworld. First read first aid and revised everything after a week of studying. did uworld completely, marked difficult questions and did it again.

btw, I was not a good student in medical school. and I did not have a good foundation. I worked as a tutor in Pharmacology and then psychiatry. Knowledge gathered at that time might have helped me. But it was mostly first aid and uworld, multople revisions.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »