Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone can shed some light on kingsbrook Jewish IM - ddraper
Anyone kindly post their IV experience at kingsbrook...thanks
Good question. I am interested too. Any input about program, iv day schedule, etc will be be highly valuable.
I got some old info that they give you a disease and you have to prep a case based on that and then it's rapid fire pimping lol. But that was from 2007 so I don't know if it's still accurate.
@ddraper
i scheduled my iv in early December. when is yous? someone posted they did not ask medical Qs last year
Mine is tomorrow.
well, good luck with your IV. would you mind share the experience afterwards? thx
Not a problem...will share once it's over,

Thanks for the bit about them not asking medical questions anymore.
Let the medical knowledge amnesia begin!
Just got back from the IV.

First you sit with all the applicants and fill out the paperwork. You also have to give all the paperwork that they ask you to bring (visa status, ECFMG cert etc.)

Chief resident gives you a tour and a presentation and it's an open forum to ask questions.

Then you have two interviews, one discussing a case based on a topic they give you (this one is with the PD and assoc PD). It's relatively short...5 min if that. Some medical questions pertaining to your case and then a brief time

The other interview is with another faculty member, 1 on 1. It's very laid back and mostly to get to know you.

Then there's lunch and you call it a day.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the input. what sort of cases are they giving?
I had jaundice, others had PE, chest pain.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »