Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q@Qtimed 72sec ① - cardio69
A 44 y/o F present to you with complains of difficulty speaking and gait has been unsteady. Pat notices the symp ~40 days ago. On yr questionaries’ you find that pat has not experienced double vision, chills, headache, weight loss or fever. No history drug abuse including neither alcohol nor smoke and denies having tingling sensation or numbness or weakness. PE reveals ataxia of lower & upper extremities as well as ataxic gait noted. All lab with in norm range. X-ray clear no mass. MRI clear ( no hemorrhage, or atrophy and no evidence cerebellar lesion.)

Which of following present in the serum of your pat?

a)Antibody against Ach R
b)Anti─MAG
c)Anti─Hu
d)Anti─Yo

As always what care about in my Qs u ans them in time frame of 72 sec from time I post them.
D?
I'm not sure but I think dysarthria and ataxia are symptoms of cerebellar dysfunction and anti- yo for cerebellar degeneration
@hln are practicing at moment in your country if you don't mind to ask you?
I'm in US
Central time zone
b)Anti─MAG -type of peripheral neuropathy
I so much wanna participate but I'm clueless 😔
Nice @hln perfect timing.

"PCA-1/anti-Yo"

PCA-1 Purkinje Cell Autoantibody binds cdr2 Cerebellar Degeneration Relate protein 2 -> downregulate DNA through Block/inhibit of c-Myc. In our pat story primary malignancies/paraneoplastic synd… pat has clear cerebellar Sign & Symp point bilateral nature finding.

PCA-1 is found virtually asso with Ob/gyn cancers ( uterus, ovary, müllerian carcinoma OR breast carcinoma...)

@ capatn “MAG” in pat i.e Waldenstrom & lymphoma Myelin Associated Glycoprotein Ab

@reminemi Hv u done UW? If yes u should be able to ans my qs here If I recall they cover the it. If no don't worry. NOW U KNOWSmile
Ans *D*
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »