Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old graduate and Mom of 2 children - tinabibida

I am 37 year old, please help me. Is it too late to pass this exams?

Please I need moral support
I am also mom of 2 kids, 33 yrs, YOG 2004, Completed all steps- 223/234/215 CS passed in 2 nd attempt. I have been trying for residency for three years. Last year, I got one interview but no match. This year no interview. I need visa for residency. That may be a big reason. Every application is different. I am doing MBA in healthcare now. I will keep on applying for residency and try to find a job after my MBA. It is very difficult to say about your situation. Do you have any gaps in your CV? What were you doing till date? All these things make difference. If you were a stay at home mom like me, then it may be next to impossible. If you are clinically active and doing something meaningful with your life, then I think you stand a chance. Tell me more if you want some clarification. Thanks.

I have a gap for several year, but 5 year ago I was working in my clinic all day long, I have Ph.D In Plastic surgery. I don't know what to do.

I will study and pass usmle exams, but I do not know if I will apply for residency and will find a job.
It is difficult without a visa. But not impossible. If you have visa it will be easier. , you can find externships and observerships and hence get a few good recommendation letters. You can get opportunities for research if you try. You can offer to author a chapter of a textbook if you can find someone writing a textbook. So you can build your profile and increase your chance.

But it will be extremely difficult if you are targeting to be plastic surgeon again in USA. You might have to settle with psychiatry or family medicine.

Everything is not possible. You have to be realistic. I don't know what's your exact situation. So I can not say anything conclusively. Analyze your situation and find what's best for you.

Usmle can help you get a licence in the middle east and mint a lot of money. It can help you to work in Germany too. So attempting it won't be a waste of time. You can take AMC ( Australian) exam along with usmle steps because the syllabus is the same. You don't need rsidendency to practice in Australia. So taking will help you anyway. Atleast it will make you a better doctor.

So best wishes

Thank you
Hi matchpossibility i would like to get in touch with you, my email sshwt6.

Ok, my email is

banchalovski
for usmle all step 1, 2ck, 2cs and 3 materials please visit, usmlemsell
upfront warning is that it will be VERY difficult for you because of the kids. your only chance will be high scores and 1st attempts on everything. that will require 100% devotion and obsession with USMLE. it's all about how bad you want it. i know you are looking for support but the truth is there is only so much others can do for you. you have to do this on your own. you are the champion of your life.

at least TRY. yes you know the statistics and probabilities, that is fact. but that does not make your chances impossible even if odds are against you. a lot of people will give negative advice. here's a secret: the majority of those people are jealous, that's the truth. don't get influenced by comparing yourself to your peers because they are ahead, or because they failed, we all do it. do your own thing.

if you don't make it in the end, be at peace. at least you did all u could and it was because of other people's rejection. you know it will be meant to be that way and you can move on with life and never look back. but look at u right now. you ARE looking back. but until you decide for yourself to put in your life's effort you will always wonder or blame yourself.

you can do it. believe in yourself.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »