Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will I get any interview this season? Pls advice - tesu
Hi,
I am an IMG and need visa sponsor. My scores are 231, 238, CS pass (all steps in 1st attempt), YOG 2011, 3-4 months observerships at private clinic and also at a non-teaching hospital, US lors. I have applied to around 200 programs for IM, FM, Peds. It's very disappointing to know that I have not even 1 interview till now. It's making me think whether is there a possibility for me to get an interview this season? I feel worthlessSad(
Please advice what I need to do. Thanks in advance.
No reason to feel worthless. You've worked hard so far, just stay positive. You have good creds.
i don't know why you have not received interviews so far esp coz you have applied broadly. couple of years back candidates with those scores used to get decent number of interviews. i just can wish you goodluck. I hope this season is not over and you receive some interviews. Step 3 and research might be useful.
comparing research and hands on clinical experience, which one is more useful?
@tesu
forget research. ....if you don't match this time, my advice will be to get step 3 & usce in a good program, who knows maybe luckily you will get a contact that will help
i am having a similar problem Sad i am an IMG, who requires visa.
i have scores of 239 step 1 , 233 step 2 , and CS passed, all in single attempts. YOG is 2012, and i applied to around 130 programs. i have 3 months US observerships, and 1 paper published in national journal. 1 submitted internationally.
recieved around 20 rejections till now, and no invites. some on holds.

i am losing hopes.

should i start mailing all the programs i applied to now about if they can look at my application specifically? or should i not email programs unless the send me an email about my application status?

kindly help
Sad
thanks Sammy for your valuable advice...
How to approach to a program for USCE ? By USCE do you mean observership/hands on experience
hey, i have similar scores as above, 248/231/pass all first attempt

i have one interview and all i say is SHUKRALHAMDULILLAL for that 1 interview.

keeo your hopes high, stay positive and you will sure get some ggod interviews.

nov is the time to get interviews, dont worry
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »