Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any insights on UAB psychiatry research track? - salvation_within
Hi, everyone, I want to get some insight advise on the research residency track for UAB (University of Alabama at Brigham).
Has anyone end up in the research residency track? Is it truly realistic to get a research project done and publish one or two 1st author paper given the intense residency training work load?

here is the UAB two residency track info page:
http://www.uab.edu/medicine/psychiatry/e...lum-tracks

I know in the end, the research track will also make your board-eligible to take the board exam, so the end result is the same as the general track, except with the extra burden of research.

Anyone who is in a similar research track residency program from other universities, can you please share your experience?

Thanks a million in advance.

Has anyone done or is doing a residency in the research track? Helps are great appreciated! I am offered a research track pre-match, can't decide to take it or not.

Anyone? please help!

I am afraid if I take it - it will be more than I can chew?

How about I change the question slightly, I am an old img, with YOG > 10, step 1 & 2 in the 200+, with multiple attempts, but with a lot of strong publications. If you are in my shoes, would you take the research track offer? knowing you may be kicked out by the program if you can't delivery the research results to meet the exceptions. And you have to dedicate additional time doing research while still carrying out your normal residency work load. It is a very daunting prospect, I am afraid I will crash and burn, but I know my chance get into a residency is limited with my low scores and multiple attempts. Please give me your view. Thank you!

don't think. just take it & work your butt off. Don't forget to go to church (or other institution you attend) weekly because you got a lot of things to be thankful for. Offer to start earlier than june/july so you can get your research going before residency starts. Build & maintain contacts w/ residents and attendings during research so they like you.
Hi salvation_within,

Did you apply to UAB Phycatary program through ERAS or you downloaded the application and sent it via MAIL.

Please advice.
Thanks
I applied via ERAS.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »