Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is family medicine so hard for IMGs? - sammy270
I agree with @sicko this thread is useless and the OP is shifting his reasons. First he said he made the thread to find out why FM programs did not call him for an interview then he changes the story to say that his thread is targeted at some user who has not even posted on this thread. Very weird and what is more weird is that the OP has a prematch in a field he likes, so why the fuss? Sounds like sammy270 needs a WHAMBULANCE
I believe that FM programs, recently have gotten high interest from AMGs. That's why FM has become tougher for IMG to enter.
Everything is a reaction to what happened before. There are programs that have had problems with people passing Step 3, then those programs start requiring Step 3 for interview.I have two examples of exactly different situations. Program A had to fire and FMG because of a fight that the person had with another resident, that program doesn't look at FMGs now. Program B had problems with their AMGs because they were always complaining about the workload. They noticed that FMGs in their program didn't complain. Their whole first year now is made up of FMGs.

So everything depends. I personally think that in every group there's shitty people and so one year it will tilt towards one direction then towards the other.

We have to keep in mind that people are putting here their best light. I know people that interview really well but when they get picked all they do is complain about their programs and some get fired. So everything has to be taken with a grain of sand.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »