Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is family medicine so hard for IMGs? - sammy270
@sammy270: No probs bud. Really? your scores were not good? FM programs are generally not expecting high scores anyway.
hey sammy270, many congrates for prematched,
want to ask your creds, esp ur scores and yog,

my scores are 215 in both step1 and 2 with yog 2007, i applied in 120 FM and just 15 IM programes c/z of my low scores, and no interview so far

by knowing ur creds i want to get an idea, in which stream i should apply for next year

any suggestion would be appericiated.
2008 grad. Scores > 210 & high 220s steps 1-3.
Applied mostly FM initially without IM because of scores but a senior colleague encouraged me to apply IM since that's what I really wanted.
I'm sure if you had applied 120 IM & no FM, you would have had many invitations. Do that next year
thanks sammy for quick reply

any suggestion for next year? wat should i do to make me cv more strong and attractive
for next year.

thanks
This is really an interesting thread.....
Today sammy270 says his scores were in the "210 - 220s" range and that he is a 2008 graduate . Whereas a few months ago this same sammy270 said his scores were in the "low 250s, high 240s" and that he was a 2012 graduate : http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=789717
Then he creates a thread bemoaning that Family Medicine programs "showed him no love" despite having a "prematch offer" from some Internal Medicine program.
This forum has some very intriguing characters..... pretty good entertainment though
@sick....
You are really sick! I was just being sarcastic at benjosy for whining with such great scores.read in between my lines...
Go get a life buddy, I don't have time to lie on a faceless forum in order to achieve nothing.

I started this thread because of people like drusmle2020....those that look at scores and apply to only FM & psychiatry.
I don't know why this thread is being so hated upon. Sammy270 is just making an interesting point. Yea, I also wonder why FM is hard for an IMG with good enough creds to get a prematch in IM. Makes you wanna think. And believe it or not, this rant will help more people than it may upset. Stop hating.

And yea, I also picked up on samy270's sarcasm in the link above. Sarcasm is very popular in the US, BTW. Cultural insights.
Writing is on the wall - i hope we all maych, cause next year and onward will be brutal for img
https://www.change.org/p/florida-health-...y-for-them
I got an impression that FM is tough for IMGs, too.
I applied for 36 FM programs (out of 199 total). I have a LoR from family physician, I wrote a personal statement specifically for FM, and yet - nothing! I heard NOTHING from those 36 programs so far, not even a stinking rejection. I did residency in IM back at home though, so maybe that's why they hate me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »