Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLS/ACLS certification - usmle_step2
Hi,

The program I am going requires BLS/ACLS certification. Is it easy to find those training programs? I might not be able to attend those provided by the program due to travel plans.

Thanks!
try your local red cross chapter they will be able to give information on the closes place to you that offers these courses
these courses? A lot of programs do especially big programs, even as a part of orientation. Have you asked your program? BLS is easy to get, but ACLS needs to register early in advance. One of my nurse friend told me that ACLS offered to doctors may be a little more advanced than ACLS to nurses, such as endotracheal tubing procedure. I am not sure whether it is true and you should keep that in mind too.
Most progs require BLS/ACLS certification (all progs should require this).

If you aren't certified or don't currently hold a valid cert, your progs know about this (you entered that information on your ERAS profile), and will (should) be signing you up for certification/recertification in or around orientation time. Most hospitals are certified to offer their own BLS/ACLS classes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »