Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else is dealing with 0 interviews? :) - rakotork
Hey guys!
Just wondering how many people here are still without any interviews.
I've personally had 1 i/v in FM, but through unofficial source I've got an info that they are filled all spots by prematches; so that leaves me at zero chances at this moment.
I'm hoping that I'll get at least one before the end of season.

Post your info and thoughts here! Smile

P.S. Please no haters in this thread and don't bring suicide theme up (we are still living and enjoying life, no matter the circumstances)
Yep same here, almost time to throw in the towel. Already starting to think about what I can do to make my CV and application more competitive for next year. USCE, step 3, and research is the only thing under my immediate control. Going to aim for that.
Why the smiley face at no interview? Keep up with this attitude buddy & you will go places.....good luck
@donblade007 : As if you are going to go to any place with your stinking attitude ... well apart from the loo
Quit stalking me!
would you guys let it go already....
I just find it disheartening that some programs won't consider you just because you failed once, have "low scores" or have graduated a while ago. If these things are so important, why keep giving the test? why pass people with such a "low score"? If you can't get a residency due to multiple attempts or "low score" then the USMLE is obsolete.

0 interviews btw.
Hey jjrodz
I have often wondered the same thing. Why even have a low pass mark for the boards since you will never get a residency if you only just pass. Why not consider raising the pass mark and making the boards a pass/fail exam so that once you pass you are competitive to get into any residency. Traditionally in other professions, that is how board exams function. Once you pass you become eligible to practice in that profession. There is no distinction between high pass and low pass as there is in medicine.
well its not so much about the "score" preventing you from getting interviews..its more about the competition. 5 years ago people with low score still got interviews...the passing score didnt change....the difference was there was less competition. now with carib grads joining and more IMG joining and more AMG and new american medical schools theres moer competition which is why its harder to get interview with those weaknesses.
The majority of those programs, which have agreed to provide an explanation for rejection of my application, stated as the #1 reason that I need visa. I guess that is the primary filter for them to choose the candidates; small number of programs stated that scores do matter much to them.
I've called all of the programs where I didn't receive any answers yet, and a lot of them haven't reviewed my application yet Wink

Anyway, I've decided secure a backup plan for myself.

P.S. I'm always try to stay positive no matter the circumstances.
Good luck people and always hope for things to end good (of course, after taking every possible step towards it Smile )

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »