Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
being in the residency before. - alibaba77
Hello every1,
I have one Q.
I was doing the second year of residency 6 years before.
Got stupid conflict with one powerful attending (she was missing aortic stenosis, i didn't know about that. When
i made assessment of this patient and discovered that,
i stopped the surgery. Since that i was attaked every day and my life began terrible. ) I resigned from program by myself because she started hunting for my mistakes, walked all ower the program and discussed with other attendings how stupid i am.
I cannot live without my profession. But on the intevews i try
to explain situation. Nobody wants to consider my candidacy.
People say that we have a huge pool of physicians without problems. But i have no problem. Problem had this attending.
Anyone input would be appreciated
I don't know if you are an IMG or AMG. If you are an AMG then you know better than anybody that everybody will ask about your prior residency period and will ask to bring recommendation letters from your PD and other attending. You may have problem with a particular attending but how about other attending especially PD? Do you think you can bring recommendation letter from other attending? If the answer is no then you have only one alternative:
To negotiate with her. You need to talk with her. You may need to get help from other attending whom you know best.
My friend, your residency period will hunt you no matter what you want to do in this medical field.
Dear Mha, thank you for your reply.
I am not an AMG, you made complimant to my english,
I think the only chance is to follow your advise.
I will think whom i can talk with.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »