Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am going to cancel my prematch. - shirzook
I have signed a prematch letter of intent and have decided to inform the program that I am not willing to sign the residency contract. I contacted NRMP and they said this is not going to be a match violation. I think I have better chances if I stay in the match and rank what I love out of 25 interviews. Any advice or comments?
can you talk to me on skype?

venkatesh_is
Here is the comment and advice:
comment: No offense but I call a steaming hot pile of BS on you.
advice: grow the F____ up and stop trolling.
i stand by accepting prematches because the Match is a gamble and unfortunately every year people with lots of interviews dont match. nrmp match stats show an increase in the chance of Match with increasing number of interviews, however there is a drop in the percent of people who match that have 15+ interviews. Why this is I dont know but 25 is a lot so if you REALLY feel like you are a strong candidate, apart from on paper CV, but really a likeable person and you interviewed at programs with similar personality people where you have a good chance, then dont prematch if your heart isnt in it. But just know that even 25 interviews isnt a gaurantee of a match....yes theres a high likelihood of matching but even a 1% chance of not matching is a bad percent for the people who are part of the 1%. but again, you dont want regrets at the end of the day so if youll always wonder "what if" and you cant live with that, then dont accept the prematch. I thought it was a match violation but if NRMP says it isnt, then of course they know better. GL
25 IV???? why did you sign a prematch then???? did you like the program at first..? 25 is a lot...if there is no violation of canceling it, CANCEL IT!!! surely u might match in one of them
With 25 interviews, I would definitely stick with the match, especially if there are programs I'm aiming for.
25 interviews is like 100% certain to match. Your mistake was accepting a prematch in a program that's not too great per your expectations.
If I were you, I would cancel it.....good luck at the match

If you don't mind sharing the name of the program & why you wanna cancel,?
I say the words of a great man,

comment: No offense but I call a steaming hot pile of BS on you.

advice: grow the F____ up and stop trolling.

fcking troll
LOL. But, seriously, something doesn't add up here. However, Good Luck for whatever you do in the end because you will be the only one to live with the consequences whether good or bad.
You guys are too nice. I really doubt this guy is legit.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »