Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my step 1 experience 211 - sibutramin
I have a very long story I will post it later.
but after long experience I have a lot of answers for your questions my friends if you need
how u can have an interview without ecfmg certificate, which i believe get after finish all steps except step3

bTW congrates for both
i already passed ck and cs.
honestly i wasted 2 interview just because i did not have my step1 result.
i work in research in 2 projects so i got 2 interviews but on of them was declined because of no step 1 score.
oh ok

enjoy your day(mashallah)

best of luck for match

i need to get some information ,about how u get into research, how one should approach that?

plz reply me on hina.sabeeh, when u have time

Thanks
Congtrats!!!!! Great job
Please tell me how to get involved in research, should I volunteer or can I get paid for working as a researcher??
Thank you, have a wonderful day
Congratulations, please share your experience, especially the research one , what state are you in ?? I live in VA and am searching very hard for research position. I know it will help later for finding interviews.
COngrats.. please share your experience
thank you guys, i am really thankful to the mercy of GOD,
my first advice is : keep fighting your battle to the end!
--------------------------------------
I sent around 500 emails asking for research position or as a volunteer position in research.
one of the 500 ppl replied : i do not have any opening this year or the next 10 years for you.
anther one replied: i am sorry i have just retired, best of luck.
hundreds of them ignored my email.
then I got this position by chance, i sent an email expecting another rejection but i was given an appointment and interview then the position.
My advice:
write a good cv, you can lie or add things to it to make look fine. i do not care. just make it look that you are interested and you are a hardworking person.(you can go to website called indeed and find resume fits your career).
send a good email of three(only three) lines saying:
1)my name is...., 2)i am a medical grad.3) i am interested.4) please allow me a personal interview.
search the closest medical school or hospital for people or doctors who are doing research, send each one of the a personal email, ask for an interview then ask for a VOLUNTEER position.
many of researchers need your efforts but due to their hospital roles you need to go through more complicated procedure to get the volunteer experience.
IF POSSIBLE: read and know everything about someone who is doing basic research in the nearest medical school or hospital then go in person holding your cv around lunch time. tell them your story. some people will find this rude to go without an appointment but some find it prominent and initiative. i did it couple of times and it was fine.
Thanks for sharing your inspiring experience, wish you the best in your upcoming interview
Wow! so inspiring, congratulations. Thanks for your words
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »