Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
april-may test takers.. - mahr90
Hi ,
I wanna take Ck around june, july.
I started from MTB 2 and First aid , Internal medicine and I finished cardio, endocrine, hemato, rheumatho and GI so far and also took uworld tests for these subjects.

But I had tough time on hemato and also GI tests in uworld.There are some subjects which were not in either of my books.

What is your suggestion? Is FA useful for Ck at all or am I wasting my time by reading that?

most of the ppl don't do FA & that's y i'm not doing it either, do u feel it's good?

Why dont u give a rapid review for just 2 days so that if u find anything important , may that worth giving just a quick reading?
I have not even read but planning to just give 2 days , i dont know if that helps or not but Just a thought Smile
@happy_studying not a bad idea, but i doubt i'll have time :/ u plan to give it a read during the last mth??
Yup , after finishing all the nbmes, and uwsa , prolly during the last month , for a couple of days just to see if it has anything extra!!
Not as in memorizing everything ,since i wont have much time for that but planning for a quick review in 2 days , provided i have time (like u said) !!
@mahr90 : Actually I'm not sure yet. My problem with MTB is that it is very unorganized, after finishing the whole chapter U don't have any approach in your mind, u just have some hints about questions.
FA was more organized, but after reading both of them , still I have problem in world tests and it makes me nervous!

I'm not sure what to do now, is it better to read MTB 2 and 3 at the same time?
@dr62 yeah i can second u on that, MTB 2 is not VERY organized, i did kaplan vids, MTB IM & MTB 2 for IM didn't do MTB3 for IM, u can read both at the same time or after finishing one chp. depending on what suits u..

when r u planning for the exam?

Thanks @mahr90,

probably around mid july. Did videos help you? the books are not enough?
well yeah i liked the IM vids b/c Dr.Fischer gave some format on how to proceed with the inv. & rx etc, ob/gyn vids are superb & surg. is also not bad, they follow the vignettes.. peds vids i didn't see all & i don't think i can either, but they aren't THAT good.. are u doing MTB 2/3 both for IM? That should be enough i suppose..
Yeah , I just started to read MTB 3 for the remaining chapters. I hope i will like it. I will start pulmonology today.

thanks for your comment about videos, I will probably try them for obgyn and surgery, but for IM I think there is not enough time to do that.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »