Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri- Assistant Physician for IMG - sys_71082
That petition won't go anywhere because Canadian US MD graduates are more important to the system than US IMGs. Also, enforcing it would stop program directors from choosing applicants best suited to their programs.
Updates:
1. AMG perfered
2. Recent graduation from Medical School less than 3 years
3. Must be a resident of that state

Any more questions? This was to help the AMGs who did not match................yes there are thousands
@student1960
thanks for info. can u tell me which website said that one must be a resident of MO and AMGs are preferred? i did not see these requirements at pr.mo.gov/healingarts.asp. thanks
LOL ok I'm corrected its anti Caribbean grad since they are not granted a license until they are in the USA

From the Sept Draft

(E) In addition to the other requirements of this rule, graduates from any medical or osteopathic school
22 outside the United States shall submit the following:
23 (A) Proof of licensure in the country the applicant attended medical school, if applicable; and
24 (B) A certificate from the Educational Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
ah ok thank you. thats so weird. if carib grads are ruled out, then that means the only ones eligible for this are recently graduated, unmatched AMGS, DOs, and US citizens or GC holders (USIMGs) that attended med school outside of carib (eg. mexico, india, pakistan, philippines, russia, europe, etc.). this is unfair to USIMG carib grads, especially since last 2 years are US clinical rotations.
Looking at it again Caribbean Grads may be ok?

(A) Proof of licensure in the country the applicant attended medical school, if applicable
i think u are right. carib grads will be ok- as long as they passed step 2 within 3 years from grad date and within 2 years from application date. because it doesnt make sense to take a USIMG that graduated from mexico, europe or asia with little to no USCE and to then not accept a USIMG carib grad with 2 years of hands on USCE. i hope this law really pushes through, because this is a good backup career for unmatched USIMGs. rather than being a medical assistant or lab worker
Please sign to pass a similar law in Texas: https://www.change.org/p/texas-legislatu...r-shortage
YOG seems to be a major limiting factor for majority
Any updates? When are they opening the applications? is there a way more than 3 yrs of graduates can apply?

Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »