Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q@Qtime ⓪ - cardio69
A 59 y/o M present to you with rash and renal function. Palpable purpuric lesions were present on the buttocks, feet and sole. There is no clinical history of urticaria. A biopsy specimen of pat shown here.
http://i.imgur.com/thYfO8z.jpg?1 Direct immunofluorescent staining of the biopsy reveal granular deposits consisting primally of C3 and IgM in vascular patten in the papillary dermis. Evaluation of lab revealed anemia and renal insufficiency and (+) for microscopic proteinuria and hematuria in nephrotic range on urinary exam. Serum borderline ↓C3 & markedly ↓ for C4. And (-) for hep C,(-) for antistreptolysin O, (-) cryoglobulin (-) ANCA and ↑ RF. Renal biopsy reveal immune complex mediated diffuse proliferative glomerulonephritis and immunofluorescence studies also (+) mesangial and focal capillary loop dep C3, IgM and IgG. EM revealed small and subendothelial electro dense dep.

Dx?

a) Microscopic polyangiitis
b) Hypocomplementemic urticarial vasculitis
c) Cryoglobulinemic vasculitis
d) HSP

_________________like all my Qs 72sec_________________________post yr and 1st and tell me how you describe the slide?
Rose?
? is it the wire loop lesion? I dnt know

Long time no see cardio....
Hello Rose! hope u doing well. Take your time, read q take one. "I dnt know" not acceptable in real examSmile
lol...?Microscopic polyangiitis ..exam wild pick
Can u look @ biopsy and throw me a path term?
i think it's either C or D.
but there are no Ig A deposits.
so if this were the real exam, I would pick C.

My answer: C

The histology slide: i see vasculitis
?demal edema.....collagen fibrils, hypercellular with lipids and ?giant cells...
I am bad...
I think its B.......hypocomplementemic
@Rose are u agree w rvu who is being lateSad
@Rvu, whats the term?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »