Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
match - jafferomar
I am applying in a hurry and for the 1st time for this season 2015 , I got my usmle result 4 days ago
it is my first time to go through this process and every thing looks new and difficult
do I need to apply through ERAS or only NRMP
What???
Too late in the season. Do not expect Interviews. You have to register in both. If u apply to 1 program u may be eligible for SOAP, which is for unfilled positions.
thank you so much ADDS for your reply
I knew its late when I made the application to NRMP ,but I just know from you that it is too late ,
as I may have very low chance of getting an interview ,would you please tell me what is the difference from applying early, this may help me in the next season
I understand from some posts in this forum that interviews have already been made although no matching yet ( bit confused with that )
thank you again
On September 15 applications are submitted which is day 1 for submission. But I guess 1st week should be fine. If you are AMG, try soap this season if no it is best to apply sept 2015.
This was the timeline for current season. Check the link. http://www.nrmp.org/residency/main-match-events/

You can use it as reference to apply in 2015.
Although there are exceptions this is basically how it works as I see it...first day to send out applications is Sept 15th, best to get it ready in the 2 months it is open before then and then send it first thing on Sept 15th. (Or 16th if the website happens to crash.) Then interviews are sent out by programs fairly randomly from that point on. I got 3 on the 16th and 17th, then didn't hear anything for like a month, then got a few more. I'd say programs have filled all their interview slots by December time, after that any more probably come from programs calling people off their waiting list if slots free up due to cancellations. Right now the only point of applying would be to become eligible for SOAP, in which IMGs stand little chance. That's the basics, keep checking in on this forum and you'll learn the rest. Also, this is my perception based on my 1st experience of it this year, listen to others too as there are a range of opinions on various aspects of the process.
thank you guys ADDS and PAUL1 , appreciated
do I need to rely on my application on NRMP or need to apply on ERAS to get the chance of SOAP
wouldn't it be helpful to your self to first do the basic research about the process first??
both
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »