Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for Laugh or not.which ever, Dont do it! - tom88
It was in mid November, an interview day in a community hospital in chicago...Almost all the interviewees are in place waiting for the chief to come and brief them. Few seconds before the chief walked in, a late interviwee came in..was wearing suit, maybe looked like he had a rough night, slightly disheveled hair , crooked tie!! But was very friendly and didnt mind his late appearance(I like the confid)..then we were all called in for separate IVS with the attendings. After that was over, we had lunch at the cafeteria and then went to attend noon conference...now here this, the attending was giving some lectures on a procedure..It was a slightly compact room with around 30 ppl in place, was quiet until ..... there came a snoring sound( I swear i am not kidding)...it was coming from the back and people started turning around to look what was going on..well to our surprise that poor disheveled candidate was having his little nap time...(everybody wanted to crack up, nobody ofcourse did)....it happens he drove a long way to chicago and didnt get good sleep
take home message, get a good night sleep bf your IV!!or whats the point of driving the wholle night and sleeping during ur IV, waste of resource

anyone else likes to share an interesting experience during IV season
I understand what the guy was going through. I had 3 IVs on 3 consecutive days in 3 different states and it was on the week of my final semester exams. Those were the only days I could get. It was a scheduling and logistics nightmare, but I did it successfully. I almost missed my connecting flights twice. I was 10 mins late for the morning report on my second interview, but it all went well. Someone should have quickly tapped the guy to consciousness.
It was at one of my interviews in Illinois (Urbana Champagne precisely). 9 or 10 of us were being addressed by the PD when someone passed a quite but horribly smelling anal acoustic.
The stench was so bad that no one could pretend and seat through the odor. They almost locked down the basement (where the conference room is)!
I was so embarrassed because everyone of us was a suspect. And the most annoying part of it is that we were just 2 guys and the rest were pretty well dressed sharp looking ladies that even looked like that they don't even poop so I know that most of the suspicion was shifted on me and the other guy.
I felt so uncomfortable through the remaining interview !
@ orikika...Oh shoot that's nasty.... I think the same place that exact day, the attending kinda an old guy was passing silent gas but filthy smelling, I must have made some facial expressions b/c he stopped taking notes and starting rolling his eyes when I replied to his answers... It must be offended him I didn't dig his fart😁 didn't hear from the program. Again lesson to learn- please appear you enjoy the shitty part of theese whole process
This is a nice thread. @Okirika; You are funny.
finally...some cracking stuff in this forum... good time guys
tom88 i know some one told me this story at the prematch program in chicago- i do not want to name LOL

i had another experience where a applicant did not even wear a suit just came in with a tie and dress shirt?!?
showing up in a tie & dress shirt is not bad at all as long as its clean and ironed.

what is bad is showing up in dress shirt with no neck tie and pants with no belt on. an AMG showed up this way at woodhull but he is a smart very impressionable person. I wouldnt rank him if i were the PD. i think he was full of himself and not taking woodhull seriously.
Okirika, how did you notice he wasn't wearing a belt? He wasn't wearing a jacket?
I saw a girl wearing Uggs with her pant suit at an interview... and I'm pretty sure it was a voluntary choice of hers (because if she had lost her luggage, I guess she wouldn't have the suit with her either...)
@winniepruh.........he was just wearing a white shirt, black pants and brown shoes. no jacket, belt or tie and he lives and did med school there in NY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »