Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I have any chances after i finish PA training - surabhi222
Graduation in 2002-- 12years post graduation

I took usmle step 2ck in 2002 and flunked.
Repeated USMLE STEP 2CK (Jan 15th 2003) score 176 (Min Passing score 174) 1 attempt

USMLE STEP 1 (Feb 6th 2006) score 210 (Min Passing score 182)

USMLE STEP 2 CS Passed (Oct 20th 2004)
ECFMG CERTIFIED (March 2nd 2006)
USMLE STEP 3 (May11th 2010) score198 (Min Passing score 187)

US citizen, have research exp, some observership and externship, taught biology and anatomy courses for high school/college. i did voluntary work with a lady psychiatrist and she helped me with a interview in psych but she mentioned that she cant help any further. I dont have hopes in this program at all b.c it has all whites no IMG.

I always had lot of obstacles and financial struggles. I finished all the USMLE steps which was very difficult in my situation.

i know i cant retake any usmle exams. i got admission into a PA program, do i have any chances to get into residency after i finish PA program.

Please dont leave comments or remarks. please give some helpful advice , i truly apprecitae your help. My request please dont ask me the name of the programs.

I am sorry but 12 years post graduation, a low-average step 1 and a very low CK
there is no chance. I do not want to hurt u. But unless you personally know a program director who will put you in, there is no chance even for FM or Pysch.
I truly do not want to see you waste more money. PA will not help you. Why would a PG chose a PA over a fresh grad. Please I do not want this to haunt you for another 12 years
it seems you are determined, if you can defer your admissions for PA school, then you can consider going down the DO route and finishing up their comlex exams etc.

But if you are in a hurry to get on with your career go to PA school.

Bottom line is your application will get filtered out every single time, and even if it got a set of eyes on it, there are too many red flags for a program to even consider you, UNLESS you have a contact etc etc. But PA school will not change much considering your year and attempts.

good luck
@ surabhi222

Do you have an email address? I am in a similar position
Hi kramer, let me know if i can answer any questions for you and leave your skype id

Arent there any options for old imgs with old scores and 1 attempt in USA??? So the reality is just to contiue with allied courses or do some kind of job to support ourself , inspite finishing all the exams? It is very discouraging.

What options do i have , either in USA or any other country , any one please recommend.

Thank you for your time and help.
go for the pa school and after that keep working in hospital which offer residency. Its very difficult to get residency for img with yog more than 5 but at least you are lucky to get in PA school which is very competitive. Don't be discouraged PA is a USA degree and it holds lot of weight. I believe you should finish PA , settle down and keep trying for residency.
@ surabhi222

My email address is pakistanman23

I hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
@surabhi222 can you please mention which pa school you got into and also did you have to to pre-req
thanks
I am sorry i am looking for some advice at this point b/c i have been out of medical school fo rmore than 12 years. All the information is available on the webiste, everything is disclosed. I am not even sure whether I will join PA program, i am thinking a lot. It is not easy, very hard, lots of prerequisites, GRE and very expensive as well.

nothing is easy in USA.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »