Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UBuffalo Vs Jacobi - handsome88
For IM. Posted this before but no response. How would you rank these and please state why?

1) UBuffalo Vs. Jacobi

2) Baystate Vs. Lahey

3) UMass Vs Houston Methodist

Thanks.
anyone?
I would prefer jacobi over buffalo. Just for the weather and NYC. Probably jacobi has better fellowship match rates also except for GI
I wouldn't choose buffalo..very bad weather..and remember : weather DO affect people's moods..u will say way more cranky colleagues there..
Go for Jacobi
@ ceftaroline

Weren't you ranking UBuffalo much much higher than Jacobi? Haha...Why are you telling me to rank it lower now? Just curious.

@ camella.ben

I don't mind the weather, and it's not that much different between the two. I mainly want one that gets me to cardiology!
Jacobi has no inhouse fellowships.

Don't you guys think UBuffalo would be better because of inhouse fellowships (I think 4 cardiology spots)?
anyone know why UB is better than Jacobi besides the snow (like NYC doesn't get cold and snowy either)?

Isn't the Bronx bad too?

Which one has the better reputation. Jacobi has no fellowships besides Nephro.
@ handsome88, I was initially ranking UB higher, but after talking to my seniors decided to rank Jacobi higher. Though Jacobi doesn't have in house fellowships, it has a very good record of sending its residents to good places. GI is the only fellowahip that appears to be tough from jacobi. And as far as I remember, PD had mentioned that Jacobi's residents would be considered in house for Monte's fellowships except for nephrology.
I feel like this year was an odd yea for Jacobi with their match...especially if you look at the profiles of the people who got it. They were phds/mds. Usually they had 1-2 Cardiology matches per year with a year of no match. Several a few years ago had to do fellowships before getting cardiology. Most that got it were chief residents. Monte does take 1 per year from Jacobi for cards but then again so does UB which sometimes took 2 (one year they took 3), though also chief year preferred. I can't decide between them!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »