Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinion about Baystate / tufts Medical Center - drshadya
would like to know opinions about ranking Baystate Medical Center....in comparison to cook county and albert Einstein Philadelphia
Depends on your preferable location. Baystate has in house fellowships whereas cook county has excellent fellowship match rate to very excellent places as well as excellent location in heart of chicago, but workload in cook county is thought to be relatively higher. At the end of the day its your gut feeling.
If i were you id rank Albert einstein the highest
followed by either of those based on their location and feeling i had during interview
usmle8899

thanks a lot for your advice. I would like to ask you which is to be higher cook county or southern illinois university?
I havent interviewed at southern illinois university so i wont know. I would advise that first and foremost try to remember if the residents seemed happy at the program. After that try to rank university programs higher because usually the workload is not that much and if there are in house fellowships then they are easier to get. But once again there is no hard and fast rule since my first rank is uni program and second rank is a community program and the reason being i felt that i would be more happier working there instead of other university programs due to work environment
usmle8899

again,, many thanks for your honest advice. SIU has few noncompetitive fellowships whereas these other community programs have almost all fellowships and in better cities.... I just feel bad not putting the university first as everyone is recommending.
Interviwed at baysate. It was very chill but it doesn't have the greatest matches. I'd put it last. Cooks County is definitely better.
dcwm

thanks for your response... what do u mean by chill?
I mean chill as in easy schedule. Most sign out by 4-5...most other programs are at least till 6. But that shouldn't be a huge factor for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »