Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fate of old imgs with low scores - erythromycin
fate of old img with low scores finished step 3 no residency even after 13-14 years, please advice

1) Masters in publich health
2) Phd in public health or any other Phd and work in the dept make connections with the committee members
3) go to other countries and practice in other countries like a doctor
4) go to DO school
5) go to PA school
6) become nurse practitioner
7) do clinical trials
Go to other countries
Registered Nurse
DO school
PA school
MPH
PhD
Thank for your reply. I understand your advice of go to other countries but if you have any idea, which country do you recommend for a older candidate who is 42 years old with graduation of more than 13 years, and old scores.

Is there a country who takes old grads with step 3 finished. Thank you for your time.
Israel accepts if step 1, 2 and 3 completed. Some middle eastern countries do accept.
try ireland or new zealand they may take you

or go back to DO school in NYC that will reset your YOG to zero
It all depends on what u want to do.. If you want to be a doctor then #3 option is the best ... If u have time and money go for option #4
If not...#5
i truly appreciate everyones advice, but DO school i believe so expensive, 4 years + may be >250k loan+2 or 3 license exams and it is not in ones affordable list , especially i am a candidate from a 3rd world country, with grown ups in the house.

I think going to other coutnries may be a better option at this age. Any one please advice, which country is easy to start with, so one can settle quickly and have some decent income.

i believe IRELAND doesnt accept internship training done in India, b/c i am from india and i think it is asking for some PRES 1 and 2 exams to be cleared.

My steps 1 and 2 are done back in 2006 so New zealand is not a option , i think i have to take PLAB and NZREX to go to New Zealand.

I believe it is so much to go through again to be a doctor even in other countries, inspite finishing step 3 in USA.

Please give some light.

Thank you so much for everyones response and kind advice.
Try Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica ( carrabians)
You don't need visa if you are from India..if you pass step 3 you can get a good job as a doctor and make some decent money.
There are so many people of Indian origin there.. You will feel at home.
GL
Which country are you based in at present? What you been doing this past 13 years?

Have you worked in

I realise this may be obvious question but is India that bad a country to work in??

How many times have you tried for USA?
I tried for match 4 times so far, all the time i got interviews but never got matched. I got very tired. I did some research, teaching in community colleges+externships+medical assistant+observership +voluntary work and time is just going on like this.

I just dont want to start from scratch and start over, start over,start over and come back to the same point again. In india, no help with usmle step 3, basic MBBS doctors salary is very low, MD is very competitive.

I like to try other countries where they can accept my USMLE scores, so i dont have to go through too much again.

some time i think of gulf countries and ireleand but not very sure. I am looking for some back up before I get too old.

Thanks to every one.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »