Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stony Brook/ SUNY Mather hospital - vitals05
Any idea of how to rank this program? It's brand new. No fellowship history. Good interview impression, nice pd, nice grp of ppl, seemed happy. affiliated with stony brook. this one's throwing me off, no idea how to rank it.
I really enjoyed my interview there as well. Had I not accepted a prematch at a different hospital I probably would have ranked it just below my 2 pure university programs. Its a pretty cush hospital in a great area and with the housing stipend its amazingly affordable. Mather just added a transitional program this year and are interviewing for a psych PD (so Id imagine other residencies are in the pipeline .) honestly I think if I were you I'd rank it somewhere in the middle of the pack; beneath solid uni programs but ahead of the heavy scut (maimo) or the non-fellowship IM programs in New York.
Thanks for your response. it seems like an overall great prgm, just worried that it's brand new with no fellowship match history. do you think that matters?
Not sure if any of the posters here matched at Mather? Anyone knows how's the program and whether it should be ranked higher than the programs that have in-house fellowships?
Are they accredited?
yes
I can't find a new ACGME number for them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »