Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology ROL: Temple U vs. Georgetown U - cherryberry
Temple U vs. Georgetown U
Which do you think is better?
I would have georgetown first (location and quality)
@serapios
I feel very depressed to rank Temple over Georgetown only because Temple sponsor H1b visa.
that changes the game. It is sad but you have to do what you have to do to secure your visa. Georgetown is the dream pathology program (at least for me) but you have to secure your visa for fellowship and work.
Georgetown. Can't you just work in underserved after J1
@epicandprivate
Is a J1 wavier job ever available for pathologist?
and there's no such a thing as "underserved" areas for a pathologist. You either work for a private company or academics
@cherryberry @serapios
I have similar issue of ranking j1 and h1. Should j1 be ranked if the situation is that bad for waiver job. And if one goes back to his/her country can't one return? I did hear about 1 resident not doing fellowship as was doing waiver job. But I did enquire further as it was a h1 program!
@adds,
For pathologists, waiver jobs are usually research-focused position. It is not necessarily in underserved area. We can go back to our home country in worst case, but if we continue to practice or do research and publication in our home country, I think it makes easier to come back to USA pathology field. So I would say it is not impossible to continue our job after J1, and I will rank J1 programs and think later about the future if I get matched one of those programs, but I prefer H1b of course.
@cherryberry
Thank you for your reply as I am confused to rank j1 because i am eligible for ead as well but it will be late for this season. Very confused whether to rank only h1 (2 program) path program and let go j1 for this season and reapply next year for path if I go unmatched.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »