• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To those who got IVs - bugguy19
Which of the following count as USCE ,

1/ Observership

2/ physican shadowing in private clinics

3/working as medical assistant

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you
None of them. Most programs consider only clerkship as USCE.
Only Externship which mentions in your LORs

" Hand on Clinical Externship or Clinical work"
Believe me, after my interviews experience, nobody is going to ask you did you do Observership or Externship? Hands-on or no Hands-on? The most important is what your LoR talks about you. PDs don't care between Observership or Externship. Electives is different story, because it has evaluation form.
Of couse, PDs like applicants who did Observership or Externship as USCE more than nothing especially if you're little old graduate.
houranis , so you have no USCE that is hands on.

I think you do.

Also when it comes to ranking and giving you a score, they score your LORs.

Also how many Interviews did you get

now if you had a 235 on step 1 do you think you would get more interviews.

what about a 245 on step 2 with a 240 on step 1.

@boardreview I agree scores are the most important factors, but we're talking about USCE despite other factors.
I already said that LoR is the one thing important in USCE. In ranking, they evaluate each LoRs you have in your profile.

I have some USCE and non-USCE.

If I have 240+ in both steps, I would get 10+ IVs even without hands-on USCE, and I have a real example which is my friend.
I totally disagree that obsies aren't comsidered usce. Of course, hands-on is better and I did have some interviews say that observerships aren't worth much... But based on the number of interviews I got, even being a borderline 'old' img, I am convinced that observerships are helpful.
* interviewers
observerships are truly helpful, I didn't say otherwise.
Houranis, I was backing you up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »