Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
certified , paid , verified... good luck everyone - mle4study
hi , at last at the verge of the match day. Thank god February has 28 days only , it makes waiting feel much better.

I was just wondering do we need to contact the matched program via email or phone on March 16.
Well, unless you have only one interview then you would know where u matched. Eventhough, u dont have to contact any program. wait till 20 then an new era will begin.
You will not know which program to email or call on 03/16, unless you only ranked 1 program (in other word had only 1 IV). You will find out on Friday 03/20. Then you are free to call or wait to be called. No more restrictions.
Can someone please explain how the residency match process is in the applicants favor.. I keep reading this but do not understand how it favors the applicant in any way..
after 3/20 there are no restrictions. you CANNOT contact programs between 3/16 and 3/20 and you wouldnt know where you matched anyway so no point. 3/20 you can contact but usually peple wait until the program contacts them which they usually do within a couple weeks. some programs contact on 3/20 just to congratulate and welcome future residents.
Hi, dhstudent, let me try see if I can explain it better. Originally the algorithm favored the hospital, at some point, they made a tweak which favored applicant. This tweaks comes into play if two or more hospitals both have free spot you can fit it - in other words, for example, hospital A has 10 spots, hospital B has 12 spots, both ranked you at pos 2 or 3 respectively, you are guaranteed to match at either hospital, and you place B as your top choice, and A as you 2nd choice, now you will go to B. even though B ranked you lower on their list than A. in the old logic, you will go to hospital A, because they ranked you higher - this condition only happens when two ore more hospitals compete for you - and you are in their guaranteed zone. Now you have the edge, previously, hospital have the edge. Hope this helps.
Thank you Salvation for your help. I wish you all nothing but success in this match and beyond. God bless
GOOD LUCK everyone!!!
Repeatedly checked those 3 words today! Don't remember how many timesSad certified..paid...
Well, lets hope for the best...
Best of luck everyone!
thank you strugle, docgm, sys_71082 for the clarification.
good luck indeed to everyone .

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »