Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relax and Breathe - boundless
Yeah right. Easier said than done.
I'm fairly relaxed. But I will probably have a couple of drinks before the match email comes....whatever the outcome may be, it will be a reason to drink ;-)
I'm with you there. I had very few IVs - a couple here and there. I'm a 2007 grad with an attempt and no step 3. You do see why relaxing is difficult for me.
I'm ok with the # of IV I got but would feel a lot more relaxed if I had gotten just a couple more to increase the odds of matching. This is my first match and if it doesn't work out I'm not sure if I should try again, so that's what's stressing me out - it's now or never.

I understand everyone is nervous for their own reasons, it's a crazy nerve wrecking process to go through!
I only got those IVs because I learned from my mistakes last year. This is my 2nd match. Hopefully I will not have to go through this again. I PRAY!
Fingers crossed for you!

Just curious, what mistakes did you make with your last application?
By applying to specialties I wasn't really interested in and not taking the time to work on my contacts, among other things. To be fair, my appln last season was rushed as my cs result came late. In truth, a lot of the experience you gain by going through the appln process is hard to put down in simple words. Hopefully I match. Then I would be in the best position to give golden advice.
Thank you for answering, makes sense. In retrospect, I could have done a few things differently too but I don't know how much of a difference it would have made. It is what it is, and we hope for the best!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »