Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seton Hall - St Francis - dodi
Anyone got a reply to thank you letter? How is the program in general ?
Thanks and GL to all
i think the program is good.
I have received a reply from one of the faculty for Internal Medicine. However, I have never heard from the PD although I had also interview with her.

I have to agree with @nkc, I did like the program as well!
I live about 20 min away from the program and happen to be very good fam friends with one of the faculty members. He himself does not advocate the program, basically called it terrible, and highly advised me to go elsewhere if I could. They had a really bad board pass rate too. I heard they're trying to change that this upcoming year. But all in all, not a good program at all. Bottom line though, it's better to match into any program rather than no program.
@runner99, trust me when I say that I have interviewed at many lower tier programs, making St Francis a good place compared to others!
I'm just relaying what I've been told directly by a faculty member. It is not a good program at all, but of course if you've interviewed at worse programs then this one then by comparison it will look better. It basically is a "best of the worst" situation. It is usually not considered ideal for people with decent or even average scores/YOG etc. Dodi just asked how the program is in general so I posted what I've heard.

But again, it's always better to match somewhere then nowhere. Good luck!
than nowhere*
Most of the people who I met during my interview including myself, don't have an average scores! We all had 240's and above in both steps! St Francis was ranked a little bit low on my rank list, however I have still ranked this program on the top of many many other programs!! Btw runner99, have interviewed there or you were just conveying a picture of what your friend gave you?
My friend...please read carefully what I wrote. I said "it is usually not considered an ideal place for people with decent/average scores"...what I meant by this is that people with decent/average scores tend to migrate to better programs. I'm sure that a lot of people with great scores such as yourself INTERVIEW there, but out of that group not many people want to actually end up there. That being said, I'm sure there are some people with great scores who prefer that program for whatever reason, and also especially because it sponsors H1/J1 (I believe).

I got an interview there but couldn't go to it due to scheduling issues. I much preferred going to another IV and so chose to cancel it. It was an attending who gave me the information. And also, I talked to an attending who actually takes interviews for seton hall and he admitted himself that last year's board pass rate was not good.

I might be a little bias against the program because I have the unadulterated and honest advice from someone WHO WORKS at seton hall/St. Francis (and who has worked there for a long, long time) and would know the "inside scoop" on the program. Either way, the rol is finalized, and whatever happens, happens. No matter where anyone ends up it ultimately falls on the individual to make the best of residency training at whatever program he/she ends up in.
I do read carefully, and I know exactly what you mean Runner99! Anyways, thanks for sharing your part of that story and good luck for the Match!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »