Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Till what rank do IMGs typically match? - aquabyme89
Considering an average of 10 ranked programs, till what choice can we hope to match? (considering that we do!)
varies completely. there is no statistic at all to give that info. depends on specialty, what types of program you interivewed at, how you ranked them, your chances to match there, how others ranked them, etc. etc. too many variables

other statistics that are interesting you can find here:

http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...a-2014.pdf

http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...-Final.pdf
Mind that aggregate statistics may not translate to individual situations...

A lot of interesting information can be gleaned from these reports; but these stood out to me:

1. "Of the U.S. seniors who matched, 80.8 percent matched to one of their top three choices." - there is not corresponding statement regarding US or non-US IMGs! but generally this info by itself is good harbinger to IMGs.

2. "The proportion of Diagnostic Radiology positions (categorical and advanced) filled by U.S. seniors was among the lowest in the past 15 years." - so why US seniors are shifting their focus away from DR? why this change in this market ? the void certainly will be filled by IMGs, which is a good thing overall.

I have a question. If a program has 12 positions and if the last time they went uptill 70 on their list of candidates , then will they continue the same every year or what can the range be?
We can keep throwing in different theoretical scenarios. But if you're thinking about this from a personal perspective, it's better not to over think it and relax; you'll know your fate in 2 weeks.
For a fact I know it doesn't stay the same from year to year; and it can go to both directions; so really prediction is nearly impossible. That's why I say better to leave it to the match day.
I completely agree but this anxiety is really killing me. I keep assuming things, trying to predict something just to stop this mental torture.
@batman it can change greatly year to year. i know a program that has 4 positions and last year matched with their top 5 candidates, and the year before they went in the SOAP.
It's very very unpredictable. In abundance of caution did many many interviews assuming someone should like me. N its scary. I did community IM and average Psyc peogram interviews assuming people will rank them as a back up lower in the ROL
@gardening,

How did you manage to convince the IM folks that you truly want IM and especially the Psych folks you want Psych?
Did rotations in each and strong letters from both.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »