Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much steps scores weight in the program ROL - angel888
I get a few ivs through contacts. My steps are in the low 220.
I have been thinking about this quite a while, anybody can enlighten me?
Thank you guys.
There are some programs that highly look into everything including scores while making ROL. Others prepare ROL purely on interview experience. How many
IVs U got?
From what I saw some programs look at scores, research, letters, medical school reputation, everything when the prepare ROL. Others look at if u are a good fit for the program as they screened ur scores etc when they invited U.

U heard from Ocala?
no, nothing from them
They do not reply to anyone. Like myself seems PD said Hope to see U, excellent candidate to everyone I know

Interviewed at any other new FL programs?
no
Not as much as your interview performance. Exams scores among other things help get IVs. Once that's done, it is now everybody's game. The scores might come back into play if they have to decide between a few candidates and who to put first. But, if you have 260's and did poorly during IV, you can get in trouble. That's why you have people with very high scores who do not match.
I would say, scores are a huge factor. For some of the community programs, interview just means to see applicants if they are compatible with or not. If you are average in interview ( which most of the applicants are), then they may rank you but based solely on the scores.

But for some programs, interview means a lot.
Above responses are correct. Scores play a huge part b4 the invitation but after that, your performance at the IV is the most determining factor. Well, more than 80% of us do well at interviews so your entire CV including scores will be used to rank you either higher or low.
I interviewed at a program with step 1 cutoff of 220. They use a grading system during ranking for eg; 220-229 is 3 points, 230-239 is 6 points and so on. They also grade year since graduation, type of USCE, visa status, scores from interviewers etc
scores r everything- just my opinion
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »