Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOAP Applicants - Anyone contacted by program? - gpn001
Mine says now..You do not have any offers in this round...so Miracles are not bound to happen specially for IMGs...well never mind ...this is not the end of the world
I totally agree with kindmd. Let's face it US IMGs, it was us who chose the alternative route. Of course they are going to go with the students who went the traditional route first. In a way it's only fair. Take care of the US grads first. The entire system from high school to college, to MCAT and performance in medical school is designed a certain way. It was us who avoided the filtering process. In retrospect, I wish that I had been better guided. The Caribbean medical schools are a business. I'm not mad about it because we can still make it work, but it is very "chancey". We went for the risk.

But yet there is hope. We just have to first accept the decision that we made and then hope and believe that a way will be made. Check out this link from aamc.org on a shortage in doctors and how something must be done as soon as this year:

http://action.aamc.org/page/s/join-the-c...%20Signups&subsource=Doctor%20Shortage_Doctor%20Shortage%20is%20Here&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=AAMC%20-%20Phase%201%20-%20Email%20Signups&utm_term=+doctors%20+shortage

Stay hopeful :-)
This is the better link:

https://www.aamc.org/advocacy/campaigns_...cshortage/
round2 any offers?
agree with you drcee...except i went to india for med school...really wish i would have thought about the descion i made...worst decision ever
I got a nice rejection in soap
how can you get rejection in soap?

has anyone been contacted yet for round 2? plzzz update
@defeatthebeast ifyou are still a US citizen it should be the same thing right?
plz update if you got an interview
Hi all,

didn't match and disappointed! A very old graduate, done with all steps. Not going to disclose more. Not sure of what to do anymore. Sorry for all of us who didn't match. Trying to regroup myself.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »