Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my unbelievable story - sibutramin
this is my step 1 experience. i wrote it in January
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=798126
my story might not apply for many of you guys but:
Regarding Research: either do research in IMG friendly program if you are an average applicant or do research in a first class program if you have high scores.
scores more important than anything when it comes to interviews but inside the interview everything matter. scores are not that important (during the interview).
fill the gaps that you have with whatever you can ;-)

through all failures I had in my life I understand the pain those who did not match feel today.
I have all respect and appreciation for all of you my dear brothers and sisters.
I was in your shoes many times during my life. I was looked down and even humiliated.
Imagine telling everyone you are going to this match and suddenly you fail a step. five matches passed while I was an observer. seeing my juniors joining residency but I never in my life had envy for any of them. I always believed that my day is coming.
for the first time in my usmle life i felt"TRUE POSITIVE" about something, that was only few moments before i receive the nrmp email.

praise be to God the only hope in my life.
Hi congrars to you...can you tell me how can an img on tourist visa if ever apply for research. ..i mean wat should you look for...a research assistant job...but most of them want visas...
Can u guide me how to approach to get into research
ask always to volunteer, send emails to people around you and go in person to meet doctors, phds who work in lab and ask to volunteer. i sent around 500+ emails i got 50 replies, and 450+ ignore.
Thanku so much for the reply...good luck for your residency. ..pray for me too...hope i can write my success story someday...
sibutramin, congrats and very well deserve man, i really appreciate the thing "my juniors joining residency but I never in my life had envy for any of them"
best wishes ,
hey man dint match pls help me how to get research pls. step 1 210. step 2. 210. cs first attempt pass
ramboforufromme
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »