Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched,3rd time applying, CS attempt(My Story) - mitch_md
Matched in a FM university-based program!!!5th in my ROL. I will share my experience further in my next post. Feel free to ask questions as you wish.
@durramm00
can you please guide me on research?
i hv just got ecfmg certified
Congrats ! What s your YoG and what is the YOG they prefer.which you are unable to post . I'm 2008-09 graduate . IF I apply in 2016 then what are the odds of me getting a position ?
My YOG is 2009. Most FM programs if you would look in their websites want YOG of
of less than 3 years or less than 5
Peds, Psych and IM are more lenient to YOG. If money is not an issue for you, go ahead and apply widely regardless of the YOG requierement of most programs. It was just my way of screening the programs I am going to apply.

No one can tell what odds do you have in applying. All I can say is, it is really getting tougher every year. I think sometimes matching is all about luck too. Scores would definitely give you the interviews especially if you dont need a visa. But then again, if you have poor communication skills, even if you have gazillion of ivs, you wont match either. I wish all the best for you in the match process. Make sure there are no gaps in your CV and write a wonderful PS.
Great story.

If you matched its great. Its hard to match these days.
Now it is a great time to start preparation for starting residency.
Go here to learn more to make it easy for your future.
www.BecomeAHospitalist.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »