Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched,3rd time applying, CS attempt(My Story) - mitch_md
HI texas Psych , would you please email me i have some questions, I m working in Psych research in NY , my email is adnansharifi. I shall be very thankful.
congrats bro...hardwork pays off.
Congrats mitch_md, can u tell us about your USCE, is it in psych or FM?
Hi @ mitch_md, CONGRATS on your successful match. I have a question. If I do research in geriatrics for 6 months to 1year does tha thelp to get into psychiatry residency position in the same hospital. Or I should look for research in psychiatry department and quit the geriatrics research. I really appreciate your advice.
congrats bro!! i have a question. if i do research in neurology ,will it help me in applying for psych?i dint match this yrSad
Congratulations!!!
Thank you vauselea and hba

@chddoc5

Thanks. I had USCE in both specialties. During my interviews, if they ask me about my USCE in a different specialty I try to incorporate what I have learned and relate it to the current specialty that im being interviewed . I dont volunteer any info unless asked.

ThaNks snezm, I am a she though; )

@rkus

Thanks. Are you only planning to apply in psychiatry? Any experience is good and you can definitely incorporate what you have learned in research in geriatric psychiatry.

@periperi

Thanks, I am a she though; ) are you also planning to apply in neurology too? like what I said in my post above you can definitely incorporate what you have learned in research about neurology in psychiatrist. There will always be something that you can talk about b/w these 2 specialties
I m interested in research but i know nothing where to begin. Do I have to attend MPH to get research positions or can i get just research volunteer ? I didn't match this yr. Pls guide me through ! I m living in CA area and pls anyone live in CA suggest any institutions or hospitals ? I dont need visa, GC holder.
Thanks frontallobe
Hi! mitch_md, congrats on matching. Could you please tell me if you had different personal statements to apply in FM and a different one to apply in psychiatry?
thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »