Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"J1 Visa Discussion Group" - chuckbass
Guys do we need MCI registration to apply for SON or state medical council registration will do too?
Anyone know how to buy Airbill for ECFMG to send the document to the program?
@kayemm

1. yes i have applied already. No updates

2. State registration and MCI registration are same for India. You would need it as you need to mention your MCI registration number on your Surety Bond as per the format.

Also you need to mention that number in the application you have to fill as per that guide document.

There is no need to submit the MCI/State registration certificate.

Good luck.
@ppd4

Thanks bud! Good luck to you too!
@ppd4:

I just sent my documents to Nirman Bhawan. Did you receive your SON?
Hello.
I'm at a loss and I need some advice here...

I am currently in the U.S. with J1 Scholar visa (sine I got involved in clinical research for last several moths) and now I'm trying to get a new J1 Clinical visa for my residency starting in late June.

Since my current visa is valid through July 31, my plan was to amend my research period to May 31 (or whatever date), and go back to my home country with newly issued DS-2019 for J1 Clinical to get a visa.
(So, I'm NOT trying the "Change of Status from U.S.")

I thought the preparation for this was going well, but I was told by GME office that I need "Evidence of departure" in order to apply for visa through ECFMG. (Quote from ECFMG response below)

Does this mean I need to leave U.S. BEFORE applying for new visa (=getting new DS-2019)?
I am so puzzled...
I thought I can apply and get DS-2019 while I'm still in the U.S.
And this takes ages....

Is anyone in the same situation?
I need desperate advice!! Please!!
Thank you so much.

-------------------------------
If there is a gap or break between the research and proposed clinical training program, a CoC through the DoS is not possible as there must be contiguous/seamless dates of sponsorship between the research and clinical programs. (Once a SEVIS record becomes “inactive” it cannot be transferred in the SEVIS system.)
In these cases, the individual must evidence departure from the United States as well as provide a letter from the research program’s SEVIS Responsible Officer or Alternate Responsible Officer confirming the last date of participation in the research program.
Additionally, all “regular” ECFMG application requirements must also be met.
If found to be eligible for ECFMG sponsorship, Form DS-2019 is issued. However, actual eligibility for a new J-1 visa can only be determined by a consular official at an embassy or consulate outside of the United States.
@kayemm

No I havent got mine yet. May be today. Let me know where u r nw with this ?

@ppd4

I sent my docs to them on 7th. Hopefully, will hear back next week. Wbu? Did you get it?
please help.....
how to check the DS2019 status in OASIS
does anyone know about who does the DS-2019 gets to us. I know that once issued it will appear in the OASIS and will also be emailed to us. But it also gets physically mailed to the program!

Is there any option to expedite this process? So that it reaches the program early and then it reaches us early in our home country?

Do we need that physically mailed DS-2019? or the one emailed to us can be printed and signed for taking it to the interview?

Thanks a lot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »