Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSA EXPERIENCE for all! -
Anonymous

Hello Friends,
I gave csa last week and now want to share my experience
I came to this web site ten times a day to get info regarding exam and so now for those who are like me.
The exam had an anxiety over me which made me feel sick to the stomach and was nervous but had not studied even much. I am not a fresh graduate either Just a house wife for many years.
But had one thing in mind that if I fail Ill waste money which I did not want to as it was the money of my husband who loves me .
I arrived the day before exam and relaxed it was a beautiful hotel and city but did not enjoy because my anxiety level was at the height. Any how eat well rest well.
The next day is the exam day so on that day DRESS Well also cause it gives u confidence. This is what I think ...
Then go to the center no earlier that 30 minutes and no late
It will add to your anxiety.
In the cneter Keep smiling and pretend at the most that you are not worried this will have a postive effect on you internally
I am no genious but believe me this works in the center.
Then talk to people around you I mean the candidates .
The exam orintation will tell you about the exam people at the center our very friendly Loving and helpful You will know I could never think of such as people were trying there best to keep you at ease.
Then as soon as the exam starts you are told to stand in the coridoor outside the room of cases all stand in a row as u must have seen in the manual just pray for few seconds and think that this is the time given to u in which you have to write and do what ever can be done in 15 mts which if u dont do patient will die and believe me even who are proffesors and best clinicians cant do full history and physical in 15 mts and plus nice also which is an important part of the exam.
So what you can do is to be nice and empathetic to patient and remember he has to like you. Think the other way round and you were an SP and you were to give score to a Dr what will you do and whom you will score the most whom you think were caring and loving Wont you!!!!
So do the same. One of the patient did not like me because I touched her without asking her which was a big mistake and I assumed that a second ago I had taken permission but remember keep asking Keep telling the patient.
Be polite and you ll be ok Cause the SPs are touched and examined by so many they can become a bit touchy too so be careful.
Now about the cases They were all the case which you see in everyday life nothing unusual and difficult ...
All were fairly easy so even if you dont do well on one or two and do well on rest I think They wont be harsh on you.
I have not got result but I think I did Ok Ill post when I get the result.
Wasay

I have my exam in two weeks can you guide me how to study and from where????
Ill be very thankful to u.
Anonymous

I had kaplan notes 5 day prep for csa and I think they are good.
Do clinical methods from bates and just remember u need only the important clinical exams and relevant clinical exams like for the meningitis u need to do Brudzinskis or kernings
For back pain straight leg raising etc
Do practice for the patient note learn differentials from the kaplan notes they are good.
Good luck and if u have any q s feel free to ask!
bates - bates@bates.com

MOST OF THE SP's are burger flippers picked from the street and given on the job training , they are not medically versed people, they now earn 18 $ per hour so they like their job and ecfmg loves them if they fail a doctor who goes to school for 7 years who cares i get my bread , they even have a SP association to fight or support their own selves, ecfmg on the otherhand should be listed on nasdaq stock lists the way they rip off MD's to be now they have even set their eyes focused on LCME MD's to be......,
they have atleast 10 laundry list for history taking
plus 10 laundry list for P/E
so if you were too focused you will miss atleast 50% of their laundry list
so this is the fate of MD's to be................ until under cover officers are moving in to monitor this.....
Anonymous

I just got my result and I passed!
Good luck to those who are studying for this test.
cb

Well done! Good for you to continue your medicine after such a long time. I wish you luck finding a residency.
Anonymous

I have to share a news of mine with those who are studying
I got the residency yesterday and am so excited and want to tell those who are studying hard work is worth doing cause the reward is very sweet.
Bye
Hedi

Congragulations !
Are you saying that although you got your CSA results in June you were admitted to a residency program ?
I intend to take my CSA in August . Any tips on letters of recommendation, research experience or observerships that might come in handy for securing a residency position ?

Have a great carreer , Hedi
Anonymous

Yes,
Do an obsevership in the US if you are luck enough to be here and studying for csa cause you will not only get LOR but also it will help on csa.
I did not do any research but people do and make there CV rich But for me being out of touch of medicine was a big hurdle so I did observership with a doctor which helped me.
The LOR if are from US dr s they are much better.
Good luck if you have any further questions feel free to ask.
Hedi

Thanks for your response .Yes I am in the US. How and whom should I ask for an observership ( chief resident ,program director , Dr. in a clinic...) ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »