Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey to MATCH - journeytomatch
Wow, you almost made my journey look like a walk in the park,
you are not just an inspiration , you are the example all of us IMGs should follow.
We all use words like ambition and perseverance but you taught us what they really are. Overcoming failure in steps, going through financial crisis, diseases and disappointment to finally reach your goal shows that you not only know what you want but will do it whatever it takes to achieve it, and this is the essence of a winner.

Please transmit my congratulations and deepest sympathy to your wife, she's an amazing lady and deserves only the best.

One recommendation though, there are thousands of IMGs in situations similar to yours, don't forget to help then once you work as an attending.
I'm crying more about your match story than I did about my own failure to match this year. You are wonderful. I couldn't be happier for you.
congratulations!!! My story is almost the same,,,,,,can I have your Email address please, If you don't mind
thx
I also matched, I can not help myself to have tears of happiness for you and your wife. My story was not even close to yours even though I also had low scores and attempts but I worked so hard to get to match. May God always bless you and your wife. Cheers😀😀
"I did not realize that I wrote such a big note, sorry about this." I WOULD READ MORE PAGES ABOUT YOUR STORY AND STILL NOT BE TIRE OF READING. YOUR STORY IS JUST FASCINATING AND REMARKABLE. CONGRATULATIONS ON MATCHING.

"My wife sat on the floor and cried her heart out loud. I just hugged her tight, cried with her and kept saying ‘I am sorry’ again and again. We knew now the chances to match for me were near zero. I had done everything I could, I felt helpless with my USMLE scores. We were living off her GRA stipend, most of which went towards investing this process and some in her tuition. We were hardly able to make our ends meet. Being unemployed was the hardest part and it hit hard on me every match day. I so wanted to work at a gas station and get home some dollars but my wife insisted me to just focus on getting residency. She stressed that apart from being illegal for my VISA, some extra dollars is not worth the precious time invested at this point and that this phase shall pass. She helped me write my PS, kept sending observership request emails everyday to hospitals across US, searched programs that matched my profile, and even reviewed biostats part of the course with me. I called her my spinal cord and I saw it breaking that day"

THIS PART REMINDED ME OF MY OWN JOURNEY AND HOW IT CHANGED WHEN I MET MY NOW WIFE. SHE ACCEPTED ME DESPITE THE UNKNOWN FUTURE AND THE HARDSHIP. AS THEY SAID "BEHIND A GREAT MAN THERE IS A GREAT LADY". NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU BOTH HAVE BEEN THROUGH TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK FOR RESIDENCY. I WILL DO THE SAME.
wow brother! very many congratulations..... I m an old graduate too and will be applying next year. Good luck with ur residency
congrats bro..i need guidance from you.
can you email me. thanks

ttshahshah@yahoo.ca
Gonna read later

Feel like giving up myself
Who cut the onions ??

Hats off to you, not because you eventually succeeded, but because you never gave up. For me , you are far far more successful (and RESPECTABLE ) than a triple 250s at some Ivy league. They conquer UMSLE, you have conquered LIFE.
Stay blessed !!
really inspiring......congratulations
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »