Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
externship at LIJ - step32kill
Has anyone done externship at LIJ for 9 months? Does anyone know if its inpatient or outpatient?
if anyone has done it please give your experience
yes LIJ has externship in psychiatry for 9 months in the inpatient department.
Do we have to pay for it ??
No its free
So how is the process of application ??... can u send me the details at ndndr007
you can just google the program and email their residency coordinator. I am almost sure they wll respond and send you the application.
Guys, what I know is that it is free. It is for 9 mos I believe. For all my interviews in psych, I have met someone who was currently having their externship there. And mind you, they have at least 5 ivs in university based programs. I dont know if they are being helped with the application process or they were given strong LORs that is why they get these ivs.

My point is, apply there guys. That exposure would definitely boost your application. I believe most of their residents went for an externship there. You just gonna have to gamble and expect to spend lots of money with this kind of USCE especially if you are not from NY.
I am one of the current Psych Externs at LIJ. It could vary from 9-10 months. BTW it's my last week. 4/8 of us matched this year. Not as good as last year, which is 7/8 (one went to Duke and one went to Univ of Wisconsin). Psychiatry is rising and getting more and more competitive (but still not as competitive as IM in certain ways like scores and attempts, however, Psych programs indeed look into the genuine interest and commitant in the specialty. As a result, if you apply to psych, don't apply other specialties because your CV gonna tell). The exp at LIJ has absolutely helped me a looooooooooot and will surely help you guys if you really love Psych!
Hi All,

Is there some website online to find out more about this externship?

Thanks
Hi guys who had externship there thank you for answering questions first of all...since it is a 9 month program where you guys able to receive your three lor's from this externship??? Please reply thank you so much
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »