Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old grad, low score, gap in cv, mom and attepts - dhusor2012
Is there anyone matched with these
You have a lot of red flags. It seems to me with the match rate for fmg lower than 50 percent and only getting worse your chances are slim. Since they have to weed out applications yours will probably be weeded out because of the red flags. Im not trying to discourage but if I were you I would consider all of my options first. The best shot you have is through connections in my honest opinion. If not its tough. Program coordinators have to choose between thousands of applications and having old YOG , attempts and low scores you might have trouble getting any IV without connections.
Me to. Same problem in here. Many say going back to medical schools again. Is it a good idea?
Fix gap CV, YOG
I don't think going back to medical school will change your usmle scores. If you have attempts and your scores are low, I think they will remain the same right? someone pls correct me if I'm wrong
Always have a plan B. I have it already. Getting residency is my biggest dream but is not the end of the world for me!
Do not sweat it-MOMs- I was in your boat, as well (with two children myself!)...Sad!)--RE-BOOT NOW!

I was in your boat several years back with several failures and no USCE and no hope!...here I am now in 4th yr (chief rez) IM...

just email me direct ( ; put "residency advice needed" into the subject header)

for more tips including step 3 for upgrade (i've got some good tutoring sources to get you there) and --basically that you have to fit into the system as it stands now--e.g., get USCE, and make contacts and fill out beautiful ERAS Cvs and personal statements..GL for the next match--YOU CAN DO IT-i..e, I DID!
@shielamonroeimrez I thought IM is 3 yrs, can you plz explain how you're 4th yr rez?
ok does anyone know how shielamonroeimrez post was deleted? that's very shady.
You can't take the USMLEs again if you're already ECFMG certified, but you can go to a DO school and take the COMLEX.
Oakramble, I didn't get to see the post, but maybe she's doing a chief year? Besides, a few IM programs are 4 years if I recall correctly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »