Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone used Chicago clerkships for usce??? - defeatthebeast
Please tell me about your experience...thanks!!
some of my friends used Chicago clerkships. Upside is you're guaranteed US lor. Downside is depending on what specialty you're applying for you might end up with mostly outpatient experiences. Just make sure before you pay that you will be guarantted hospital experience and not just.office based encounters.
thanks mbbs2012!

any more???
Another variation of Amerclerkship crap
@defeatthebeast. Honestly I think most of these agencies are shady. They prey on us desperate imgs and charge an arm and a leg for a questionable rotation. I got my usce by contacting img doctors at the hospitals near me and after getting cleared by the hospital administration I did one month in the icu. During that month I ended up talking to other doctors in the hospital and worked with them after my icu observership. Granted these were hospitals without residency programs they still got me the lors I needed. If you have the money though I would go for a residency sponsored observership. I know for a fact that Cleveland clinic Wayne state and UCF have programs available. I was told by someone that mayo clinic has one in Arizona as well.
That being said if you don't have any other optioN doing something is better than nothing and it's still an lor at the end of the day
thanks mbbs2012....yeah well im gonna apply to some of those residency sponsered observerships but those usually take time to approve, so was thinking for the next month while im waiting to here back from them do a rotation with chicago clerkships...agree with you most of these companies are just money making schemes to us desperate imgs but the truth is we are desperate lol...thanks for your advice
I used it but they offer mainly outpatient experience. The experience was good.
Can some one please about this Chicago clerkships experience?

Thanks
Chicago Clerkship is way better than AmeriClerkship mostly because AmeriClerkship is run by a scam artist.

Chicago Clerkship provides a decent LOR but not so much experiences. But the doctors do teach though but it is mostly outpatient.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »