Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contacting progrms after 5pm - jessser987
All mail boxes are full. Can't leave the message.
So can they still accept applicants after the match ?
what should we say when we contact the program now? should we directly send PS and scores?
guys its over...we have more of a chance of getting struck by lightening then securing a position this way...sorry to say
lol @ defeatthebeast. loving the people who are being realistic and using humor to deal with this trauma. Best luck next to us.
time*
yeah bro, i went thru the five stages of grief this week and i am finally on acceptance...time to f shit up and not have any gaps for the next 6 months

lets do this!!!!!!
to feel like youve done enough you can call however, based on experience from last 2 years, most programs say "there was an error in eras and we are filled" or simply "we have filled all positions". for programs that didnt participate in soap, there is a reason they didnt. if they wanted to fill their positions they wouldve done soap. but again, if you dont want to regret not trying then try for sure because eery year i know i did and wouldve regretted if i didnt. but when you try, dont try with hope. try as if you just bought a 50 billion dollar lotto ticket. you know you wont win but youre playing for fun. best thing now is prepare for next match as depressing as that is but its only 6 months away so 6 months to significantly update CV. and i suggest calling tomorrow if you do and not today because 5pm technically you can call however, programs close at 5pm.
It's going to take a little while for the dust to settle. Definitely check frequently, but don't expect anything to show up immediately. There are always a few matched residents who have to drop out because they ended up not passing Step 2 CS or CK in order to graduate on time and can't get another exam scheduled in time to have results by July 1st. A few have a change of heart about specialty and apply to NRMP for a waiver. A few are IMGs whose visas are delayed beyond the point their program is willing to wait. Once that happens, programs will post the positions and be flooded with applications.
I hear you @defeatthebeast. I've been grieving since Sept with no interviews. I'm exhausted. Are you done with Step 3?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »