Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Nature.... - docgm
How can you be that lucky to match, but still feel a little bit uneasy about not having the specialty of your choice. No disrespect to those who didn't match as I was in your shoes before. Still, I have to say it. Anyone else feeling the same?
well..

just look at the bright side.... this way u wont loose the chance of being happy for matching.. it will not happen very ofter in your life..
You made your choice in the ROL right? then you are responsible for what you choose.
You wanted to do A residency and not something specific, if you wanted something specific you wouldn't apply to another specialty in the first place.
Enjoy your time and be happy, cause you got what you want. And congrats.
@strugle, Agree with that. trust me, after all these years, I am seeing the bright side. still can't help thinking about it. maybe after July 1st, it will stop thinking.
@clozaril, after a long time out and given the odds of matching, you are willing to take whatever to get in. I am happy to be in and wouldn't give it up. still, the human nature is like as I am saying very "tricky".
@docgm
I agree with you. That's just human nature. I was so ecstatic when I found out I matched that it didn't even matter which specialty or program but since yesterday when I found out it was my fourth program which actually is my desired specialty but in a somewhat depressing location, my feelings has since shifted to a mixture of joy and moodiness.

But I still give God all the praises for even finding me worthy of a position.

Let's make the best out of whatever specialty or program we find ourselves in. My compensation is that it's just gonna be 3 years in rural AmericaSmile

I say go to residency with an open mind. Everything happens for a reason. The alternative is not matching and that is a hard pill to take. Make the best of the opportunity you have

3 years ago I had similar feeling when I didn't match at my first choice but ended up in a less desirable place. However, now I matched for cardiology in one of the best cities in USA but the truth was my goal was to stay put in this undesirable state. And I have enjoyed every single hour of my three years here and after fellowship I would love to come back to do my waiver here. Its human nature to feel how you feel but once you start, you realize that God had a greater plan for you
@chuckkk, indeed, God is great for granting us the privilege of matching while many didn't.
@@nrmp2012, thanks for sharing your experience. As you said, who knows what's in the future.
O thought I was the only one, I was expecting to match at my first or second for sure, I wasn't really expecting I went down to my 5th and now I feel like crap cause I know I should be happy cause I matched. But it's hard to feel happy when I think this place is not good for me. I'm I an ass just to think that, many people didn't match and I'm here complaining of my situation
@ docgm,
it is only natural to feel what u r telling us , coz u have put in hard work , and expected results, but maybe god chose this place for u to train as resident and pursue your future goals......!this feeling will wear off as time passes.. no place is too good or bad , and it is only 3 yrs . just my thoughts for u friend..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »