Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have matched but I don't want to accepte it - smartbaby
Hi everyone
I need Advice,,, I have matched in the last program in my rank list, I do not want to start my residency there. I don't want to accept it for family reasons.

I do not know how can I solve this problem and what are my options,

Can I apply to any unfilled position now ?
Am I eligible to participate in 2016 match( this September cycle)?

Please help...Thanks
If you did not want it, you should NEVER have put it on your list. You have denied someone else that spot because of your stupid actions. I am not going to offer any advice for your situation.
You have to be polite Mr. section to respect you eduction level as physician
if can give me any advice you have to keep quite, you don't have to bother your self and losing some ATPs to write this rude comments.
hi smartbaby,
its such a waste of opportunity..... people are struggling to get into residency.....any ways....
you cannot do anything at this point.... try contacting ECFMG/ERAS...
such a waste of opportunity....
Sorry.
Dear Friend-
Sadly this will be a life lesson for you. We do not rank programs we cannot see ourselves at. There will be violations for sure if you quit early, and you most likely will have much trouble matching again.
I am sorry, it must be very tough for you now. Think on the brighter side-- perhaps this place is completely different than you think it is.
Good luck and bless.
@ mstar and @ jdsudeep2011 Thanks a lot !!! I will see how could solve this problem.
@smartbaby. Please don't do this to yourself. It's never gonna end well & you may regret it forever.
Your 1st mistake was in ranking the program but now that the mistake has been made, turn it into a blessing and make best use of it
hey smartbaby...
I know somebody who did this couple year ago...that person got waiver from ecfmg/eras....later that person didnot match.... so...i would suggest you dont repeat this mistake..
you make have the best score and the best cv...but do you think its worth going over the stress again? you said family reason...but what if you dont match next year? think how much stress you family will be in....
also..there are soo many people out there desperately trying to get into some residency position....
dont do this smartbaby.... respect and enjoy what you achieved...
thanks
You will have to contact NRMP and if your reason is strong enough they can give you a waiver that you can deny the vacancy and after they give you a waiver you can apply and contact to other programs with empty slots. But they can also deny to give you a waiver. If you do anything else like not joining your slot despite match or something else they can punish you like you can not apply to match in next 3 yrs. it's all written at NRMP FAQs.
@smartbaby,
Ok friend, from what i know, i think u can get nrmp waiver, apply next cycle but u have to be ready to face the match process again with its uncertain outcome.....! Please take this advice for what it is- it has no hidden agenda..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »