Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi anybody there ? - humane
Does California letter helpful that much ?
Anybody who has any information about California residency program application if there is better opportunity over there ?
I really appreciate your helpful response, THANKS !!!
california is the most difficult state to match in for both IMG and AMG. its very competitive. having ptal will qualify you to apply to california programs and may even get you an interview in california, but matching there is very very difficult. i live in california, have ptal, received total of 9 interviews in the last 3 years in california, have research experience and medical assistant experience at top facilities in california, and still didnt match. that being said, if you have lots of money to spend and you want to then you can go for ptal but dont do it expecting california to have better opportunity.
sys_71082 Thank you so much for your thoughtful advice !!!
It's a long process (about 6-8 months),you need to contact every single hospitals u did ur rotations in, and it costs about $400-500.

In my opinion, if u don't have strong ties to California, forget about it. Programs in Cali aren't IMG friendly to begin with, and you will just be wasting your time...Unless u want to go into FM cuz there are mostly FM img friendly programs..but u still want to prove close ties to that state..

I tried setting up a elective there and their 1st question was how are you related to Cali !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »