Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone with similar credentials/stories matched?? - coffee2016
Hi every one, congrats to all who matched. I would like to know if any one has same credentials as mine and matched.

step 1 attempt
step 2 220
cs attempt
step 3 not yet

one IV not matched..
would it help taking step 3 ?? or whats the best to do..
Step 3 should be your priority now. Always good for an old graduate or for someone with attempts to have everything "usmle" out of the way. Just my few cents,
I agree with docgm. I had 2 attempts (CK and Step 3) and just matched but I had Step 3 when I applied this past cycle (even though I only passed it by one point).

I'll say try to keep contact in some way with the program you interviewed in this cycle. Don't be obnoxious about it though. You should also try to get an IV with them next cycle but make sure you have Step 3 by then. Remind the coordinator then that you interviewed with them last year and have since passed your Step 3.
They are right, Step 3 is a must. Also, because of your YOG, add more USCE. PDs are very much particular on what you have been doing since medical school graduation, so there should be no gaps. Goodluck.
Thanks For your sincere reply, docgm and this_dr.

I think I should concentrate on step 3, I was scared to spoil step 3 by not passing and ruin every thing as I've seen many people with good scores in 1 and 2 didn't pass 3 easily. This is my 3red unsuccessful and stressful match. last cycle one program director told me honestly I will be scared that you cant match the board !!

I am happy to hear that step 3 makes a different.

Thanks again I will do my best.
I agree with you mitch_md. Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »