Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I eligible for 2016 Match? - ratnakanthi25
Hi, I have step1 score and I will have step 2 ck score in May. I scheduled for step2 cs on July 17th (Score reporting period is Oct 7th to Nov 4th). I would get the step2 cs score in the second week of October. I know that application process for 2016 will start from Sep 15th. Do, I still have chances to apply for 2016 match? Am I eligible for 2016 Match? (Since I can update my step2 cs score in the application as soon as it comes in October).
Can someone please provide your guidance here?
Any suggestions please..??
You are eligible to apply.
Thnq @rsz. Since I am going to get the cs score in October, will it be a downside for my application? Or, is it just necessary to have the cs score by October end max? Could you please let me know?
Could anyone please help me..? I was not able to find a date before July 11th while scheduling for cs. So, I ended up scheduling for July 17th...
This can be slightly tricky. Personally I would recommend waiting until you are ecfmg certified after the results of CS. A lot of programs will filter out IMGs who are not certified at time of application.
If you have the money, then do it. The ideal scenario is you should be ECFMG certified by Sept 15. Because you will be competing with a lot of applicants who are already certified. Because YOG is a huge factor, another year away from your medical graduation is not good either.Applying for residency here in the US I believe is a gamble and taking risks.
rsz and mitch_md: Thank you for providing your view points.
Do you know the end date for the application process?
Could you please let me know..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »