Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FM opportunity in California for IMGs - vauselea
I came across this opportunity in FM for IMGs and wanted to share for those who might be interested:

C. Lucy Polak MD Inc. - Chula Vista, CA

Foreign Medical School Graduates to assist physicians in a Family Medicine office located in southern California (Chula Vista)

Generous salary and health insurance benefits.
Flexible Hours/Days to fit your studies and family needs.
Assistance with applying to P.A. Programs and MD Residencies.
Foreign Medical School Graduate preferred. (do not need to be licensed in US).

Call Dr. Polak: (619) 250-2960
I am ecfmg certified studying for step 3
i am interested in family medicine ---how can you help me
please let me know !!!!!!
i will follow your response ....
@latuda - if you are interested in this opportunity then you have to contact Dr. Polak for more details as specified in the original post. Good luck!
@vauselea- how should i approach her ?
does she knows about the forum ?
one last question--assistant w applying PA program and MD residencey--could u please clarify it a little....
assisting with applying to PA programs and MD residency just means theyll help you write your application when you apply for the Match.

you apply for the position like any other job, just contact her by phone her you are interested int he job opening. no need to mention the forum.
Thanks a lot !!!!!
The person who posted this post crazy. I spoke with this woman on the phone yesterday. She told me that the payment is the minimum wage which is arround $10 bucks. She is not sure about the health insurance. I have no idea why they person said a generous salary. I couldn't understand how she could help in the residency application. She said she will see my papers. I can ask any physician to see my papers. I have idea how she see this as a big deal. According to the medical board of california, an IMG can't touch a patient. The max an IMG can do is, s/he can work as a medical assistant. So if I can't touch a patient, I won't have any US clinical experience. It is just a waste of time.

@vauselea - can you explain what you really want to advertise here? I am sure many people trusted you and they are calling from different states.
@ 8292

First of all, I am not here to advertise anything! I came across this opportunity for IMGs on a job forum and thought I should post it here to help someone that might be interested...apparently that was a BIG mistake!

Secondly many IMGs out there volunteer (meaning they get payed ZERO NADA) or do observerships (they get payed ZERO NADA) just to get some experience in the US medical system, get some LORS or make connections, and you get so pissed off because they pay only $10/hours...really??

Then this was not for you, but maybe others would have been interested. And why should you trust me? Always do your own research and due diligence!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »