Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living in Chicago - nrmp23
Hello, any advice about living in Chicago?
What areas to avoid?

Thank you
Avoid west side entirely.
Downtown is costly, north & south side are relatively safe and affordable.
If you matched at cook county or mercy hospital, live on the south side but if Rosalind Franklin, weiss or st. Joseph then live on the north side.
I think Arsenal meant avoiding the south side
@leo...I actually meant to say "west side".
There are several nice places in south side. I have lived on south lakeshore drive by Mccormick 's place/ mercy hospital for almost 5 yrs now & it's very safe, peaceful & affordable with easy 15 mins commute to every hospital in Chicago.
I was mobbed the very first time I visited a friend's workplace in deep west Chicago & has since sworn never to go there. Mind you, cook County, rush & veterans hospital is the nice part of West side while Jackson park is in rough area of South side
Thanks a lot for all the inputs... I matched in cook county

I'll look in those specific in the south, because many people have told me to stay away from the south part... I guess there are good and bad places in every area...

On the other hand, any idea about the medical center apartments?

Thank you
Congratulations...cook county was my dream but couldn't get interview. Have to relocate to Scranton now.

Apartments around the medical district by West Roosevelt, Harrison & Ogden are in safe neighborhood and very close to cook county but I don't know how affordable they are.
As a general rule, avoid living in areas dominated by Mexicans & blacks e it in the east, west or south.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »